Thursday, July 24, 2008

二日目:Norihiro & Rina Wedding Reception

Summer is full of weddings, graduations, birthdays, and blah. My first wedding reception in Japan, and I don't peronally know the bride and groom. Nothing a little alcohol can fix! Very nice reception, I've never seen a pyramid of wine glasses stacked like that. Anyways, some lucky girl got one of the hottest Dynabooks on the market, so jealous. Makes my laptop look like a dinosaur. Harman Kardon speakers, dual core processor, LED lighting, Vista, the works!...and this little screen cleaner, nope not a toy.

Right before the reception, we gotta get down on some noodles.
As for me, eating twice in an hour, I gotta limit it in small portions. In Kagoshima, they are famous for black meats, now, it's not literally BLACK, I believe it's a type of pork, but yeah this is black pork (黒豚)garnished with miso and daikon.
Finally arriving at the reception venue, Chiharu meeting up with some old friends.
Peep that stack! Do not attempt this at a party.
TOAST! to Norihiro and Rina!
Left to Right: Chiharu, Keichan, Rina, Norihiro

















BINGO!




















Taking pictures for complete strangers is a tall order, especially if the bride and groom have no clue who this foreigner is. I stuck out like a nail on a rock, but thanks to the open bar, I fit in just nice...

Ladies and Gentlemn, first ever appearance in Japan...JASON REYES! Jason Reyes everybody

One hella surprised customer...lucky for me he anticipated this moment. Later on in the conversation, he confessed he's a Nikon user, ouch.
To some of you, you may find the bit of a culture shock, but down here, this if of one the best dishes they offer, and boy was it delicious...this right here? yeah, it's RAW CHICKEN! a.k.a. chicken sashimi. That's right raw chicken, which was one of my favorite dishes out in Japan. Muscle it down, or enjoy the chewy rawness. Great with beer! Trust.
@れんが屋



The humidity is killing me!

No comments:

License

Pages

First Things First

First Things First